TEAM LEAD INTERNSHIP
Start Date: April 2019 (Candidate hired by February 2019)
How to Apply:
Please send a C.V. and letter of interest (one page only) to Nick Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Think Impact Team Lead Internship:
ThinkImpact is not a study abroad or service trip. We are a team of social entrepreneurs, composed of students, community members, faculty, partners and supporters. We offer the chance to innovate and collaborate in developing countries on real enterprises, addressing real problems.
We are seeking a Team Lead candidate to support in building, leading, and successfully running one of our bespoke social entrepreneurship programs. The program starts in Boston, USA, travels to one of our international rural development sites (Panama or Mexico), and finishes in Washington, D.C. The program is run in partnership with a Chinese partner of ThinkImpact’s and all students are from mainland China; the U.S. portion of the program is a chance to explore U.S. universities, businesses, as well as U.S. history and culture.
The internship will start in early April, 2019, with the actual program being in June and July. The 6 week program portion with students includes a few days in Boston, 4-5 weeks in Panama or Mexico, and a few days in Washington, D.C.
About the Candidate
We seek a thoughtful and mature college age student who is ready to mentor young adults, as well as explore design thinking and rural entrepreneurship. The internship begins prior to leaving the country and meeting the student group, and involves helping to building the program (logistics and curriculum) in conjunction with a U.S. Regional Director. For the travel portion of the program, the Team Lead will be paired with an experienced field mentor and co-leader.
The candidate must be able to work on a team, problem solve with autonomy, be passionate about human centered development work, and have a desire or previous experience traveling internationally. Must possess a valid U.S. passport (international candidates may apply, and we will consider them depending on the strength of their application).
Support in building the program prior to program start:
- Internship will start in early April, 2019 and be focused on learning the ThinkImpact curriculum, as well as building out and supporting the logistics of the U.S. portion of the program.
- Team Lead will be trained in current best practices for mentorship, risk management, giving and receiving feedback, and running a solid international program.
- During April and May, the expected time committed will be roughly 4 hours per week, and fully remote working with the TI core staff.
During the program:
- Team Lead will work hand in hand with an experienced co-leader, and meet them several days prior to the program start in Boston.
- Work with in region (U.S. and Latin America) staff to ensure a smooth program.
- Act as a mentor for the students, ambassador for ThinkImpact, and support in curriculum delivery and program success.
- Create a safe and impactful program for Chinese students.
- When on the program, the time commitment is 100%
Aside from an amazing experience working with a dynamic team engaged in meaningful international work, we offer the following:
- All program training and travel expenses are covered (food, lodging, travel, data/wifi)
- CPR and Basic First Aid Training
- International Field Staff/Educator Training from one of the industry leaders (Winterline Global Education)
- Mentorship from experienced field staff and ThinkImpact core staff
- Emergency medical insurance when on the program
- $4,000 stipend for duration of the internship - hired as an independent contractor
- Smartphone and laptop available for use during internship
- International travel and meaningful work!