- New program contributions are released on August 31st of each year. Enrolled volunteers are given a two month grace period to make changes to their program. A switch fee may apply.
- All payments towards the program contribution must be made using the same currency the participant chooses at the time of enrollment.
- The non-refundable deposit given at the time of enrollment is automatically subtracted from the total program contribution.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- CCS accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal check, money order, wire transfer, BACS transfer, stock trading programs, banker's drafts and traveler's checks. If you choose a wire transfer, please contact us so that the correct wiring instructions can be forwarded to you prior to the transfer, as additional fees may be charged by your bank.
- CCS does not accept cash.
- CCS currently accepts USD, CAD, and GBP.
- All program contribution balances are due on or before the assigned due date. If the program contribution is not paid in full by the due date, the program will be cancelled. In the event of such cancellation, the participant may be able to re-enroll for the same program start date subject to space availability and length of stay restrictions.
- For volunteers enrolling 70+ days prior to the program start date, the balance is due 60 days prior to the start date.
- For volunteers enrolling between 31-70 days prior to the program start date, the balance is due 10 days from the date of enrollment.
- For volunteers enrolling between 1-30 days prior to the program start date, the balance is due upon enrollment.
- If the participant requires a payment extension for any reason other than fundraising, the participant may can contact the accounts receivable coordinator. The participant will be notified by the accounts receivable coordinator if the requested extension is approved.
- If the participant needs an extension due to fundraising, see bullet number 1 under the Fundraising and Fundraising Due Date section.
- A participant may switch program site or start date based on availability. When the switch occurs within 60 days of original start date, a non-refundable switch fee is applied to Participant account based on when the switch is requested.
- A switch fee is also applied if a participant cancels within 60 days, and then re-enrolls.
- Groups are subject to the switch fee for any switches or cancellations and re-enrollments that take place prior to the Start Date.
- The switch fee is processed at the time you switch to a new site or start date, or at the time of re-enrollment. If the balance of your program fee is not paid in full, funds are applied to the switch fee before they are applied to the balance of the program fee.
FUNDRAISING AND FUNDRAISING DUE DATE
- If the participant is fundraising, and wishes to extend the due date for the final balance, he or she must have a sponsor contribution on their account and the participant must inform their Program Site Specialist that they are fundraising and would like to extend the due date. (Sponsor contributions do not include contributions made by the Participant or the parent/guardian of the participant.) Once both of these items are completed, the due date will be extended to 30 days prior to the start date.
- The original due date for the balance of the program contribution will remain until the Finance Department confirms with the participant that the date has been altered.
- The participant may continue fundraising up until the day before the program start date. Only funds which were received prior to the program start date have the possibility of refund. Any contributions received after the start date of the program will not be eligible for a refund, but will be eligible for use for another program with Cross-Cultural Solutions. For further details regarding refunds, please see the Refunds section below.
- All participants have the option to use any overpayment on their account towards another program within one year of the start date of the initial program. The participant must enroll for a program within one year from the initial program in order to apply overpayment to any future program.
- Credit balances (overpayments) on participant’s accounts are not transferable from one participant to another. If a participant has funds on file from a previous fundraising experience, the funds can only be used by that participant or they will be transferred into the “Scholarship Fund” after one year from the original start date.
- Unprocessed contribution checks are not transferable from one participant to another and must be applied only to the account of the participant who the sponsor indicated on the payment.
- In the event that two or more participants are fundraising together, the Finance Department must be notified of this prior to fundraising commencing. All of the sponsor contributions made via personal check, money order, wire transfer, stock trading program, banker's draft or travelers check must have all of the names of the participants in which the sponsor is intending to contribute to. Credit card contributions can only be designated to one Participant per transaction.
- CCS recommends that all Fundraising be conducted directly through CCS. Contributions made through other sites are often charged a processing fee by the fundraising website prior to the funds being issued to the participant's CCS account, and are usually issued to CCS the month following the date of the contributions. If the participant chooses to fundraise through an outside fundraising website, CCS will accept the payment, however, the participants due date will not be extended. Outside fundraising sites usually have their own rules and restrictions that can prevent CCS from applying any payments from them directly to the CCS program contribution.
- For further information regarding Fundraising, please contact the Finance Department at email@example.com.
- The deposit of $350 US & CAD/£200-GBP is non-refundable under any circumstance.
- In the event of a cancellation, if the cancellation is effective more than 60 days prior to the scheduled start date, the program contribution paid, less the deposit and any applicable switch fee, will be refunded if eligible upon request.
- In the event of a cancellation, if the cancellation is effective between 30-61 days prior to the scheduled start date, 50% of the program contribution paid, less the deposit and any applicable switch fee, will be refunded if eligible upon request.
- In the event of a cancellation, if the cancellation is effective less than 30 days prior to the scheduled start date, 25% of the program contribution paid, less the deposit and any applicable switch fee, will be refunded if eligible upon request.
- If the participant opts for a refund in the event of a cancellation, any of the remaining funds not eligible for said refund, will be forfeited for further use and be put into the “Scholarship Fund.” The $350 US & CAD/£200-GBP non-refundable deposit will also be forfeited for further use.
- No refunds will be given for any unused portions of the program or because of participant’s failure or inability to participate in the CCS program.
- No portion of the program fee is refundable if the cancellation is received on or after the scheduled start date.
- Contributions from sponsors are not refundable under any circumstance.
- Refunds will only be given upon request. Refunds are not automatically issued. Refunds are to be requested within a one year period from the start date of the original program. All refunds are processed within 30 days from the date they are requested from the Participant and are in the form of a check.
- If the participant’s program is cancelled due to non-payment, contributions will not be refunded to the sponsors. In the event of a cancellation, the participant may use the funds within one year from the original start date for another CCS program.
- CCS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any individual at any time prior to start date, or to cancel the participants program. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, or if participant has been rejected, the total amount paid to Cross-Cultural Solutions will be refunded, unless the cancellation is due to non-payment by the agreed upon due date. Other than such refund, CCS will not be responsible to participant for any other refund, costs, interest, liability or damages of any kind. Participant is solely responsible for any airfare or other travel fees, charges, expenses or penalties, that might result from any cancellation of or change in participant’s program, whether participant cancels the program or it is cancelled or altered by CCS.
- CCS cannot make exceptions to this cancellation policy for any reason, including medical emergencies. CCS strongly urges Participant to purchase trip cancellation insurance.