A leader in impact volunteering. As a leader in international child development for over 22 years, we know the best approach to creating a sustainable impact is one in collaboration with the local community. We empower passionate volunteers to work alongside an experienced team of local nationals to implement a proven approach to improve children’s education and health. This collaboration ensures we generate a sustainable impact on individual children, as well as impacts that can scale to entire communities.
* Teachers don't have much time for important one-on-one interaction with their students.
* Student attendance is sporadic, especially during certain seasons when children don't attend school so they can work.
* Children are often grouped by age range and the students' individual needs are not easily attended to.
* Identify the school's need like teaching English, leading physical education activities, and supporting special needs classrooms.
* Next, they work to determine how short0term volunteers like you can be most effective in achieving these goals.
* CCS plans projects with the school that will keep volunteers engaged and immersed.
* The volunteer is given an orientation to the school. She meets teachers, students, and the principal, and even has a chance to start practicing the local language.
* Next, she gets a chance to hear about what previous volunteers accomplished, so that she can naturally transition into her role as a volunteer.
* The CCS staff helps to guide the volunteer through her experience to ensure that she's happy and effective.
* The students now have a chance to learn about a new culture and share their own. Own volunteer becomes a role model and a member of the community.
* The classroom's teacher is thrilled to have the help. An extra set of hands and eyes is always appreciated.
* The classroom teacher also gets a valuable opportunity to practice her English with a native speaker, which will help her become an even better teacher.