We believe that the most impactful approach to international volunteering is one designed by the community. With CCS you'll do meaningful work that addresses a specific need. In each of our destinations, we have relationships 10+ years strong with local organizations who communicate real-time, local needs and objectives to the CCS-team so we can ensure that your volunteer experience is impactful, immersive, fun, and more than you ever could have hoped for.
* Teachers don't have much time for important one-on-one interaction with their students.
* Student attendance is sporadic, especially during certain seasons when children don't attend school so they can work.
* Children are often grouped by age range and the students' individual needs are not easily attended to.
* Identify the school's need like teaching English, leading physical education activities, and supporting special needs classrooms.
* Next, they work to determine how short0term volunteers like you can be most effective in achieving these goals.
* CCS plans projects with the school that will keep volunteers engaged and immersed.
* The volunteer is given an orientation to the school. She meets teachers, students, and the principal, and even has a chance to start practicing the local language.
* Next, she gets a chance to hear about what previous volunteers accomplished, so that she can naturally transition into her role as a volunteer.
* The CCS staff helps to guide the volunteer through her experience to ensure that she's happy and effective.
* The students now have a chance to learn about a new culture and share their own. Own volunteer becomes a role model and a member of the community.
* The classroom's teacher is thrilled to have the help. An extra set of hands and eyes is always appreciated.
* The classroom teacher also gets a valuable opportunity to practice her English with a native speaker, which will help her become an even better teacher.