DESIGN ASSOCIATE - INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY ABROAD
As a Design Associate, you will help design and develop a wide range of marketing material for various Cross-Cultural Solutions intiatives, including brand visual identity systems, brochures, presentations, infographics, branded merchandise, responsive landing pages, email newsletters, storyboards designed to pitch concepts, and occasionally video/motion graphics.
Based on performance, the Design Associate will have the opportunity to extend his/her contract, or apply for other positions within Cross-Cultural Solutions after the 6 month contract.
Design Associate Responsibilities Include:
- Create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, email newsletters, the CCS homepage, blog, and social media accounts Incorporate creative feedback in a timely manner
- Ensure quality and consistency of production-ready assets
- Create original campaigns from scratch that stand out and successfully communicate business information and collaborate and support the marketing department on other initiatives.
- Learn how to apply design theory to marketing campaigns and advance techniques for software ranging from Adobe Illustrator to Picasa to Lightroom
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for mobile formats
- Help grow our asset library of photos and creative assets – allowing for broader organization access and efficiency
- Always be ready, willing, and able to jump in and help other staff/stakeholders with various marketing campaigns and iniatiatives
- Maintain knowledge of design trends and their potential application to our brand
- Highly proficient in computer applications: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Google docs
- Minimum of 2 years experience in graphic design and/or production art experience with a solid grasp of design concepts.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc) and in all relevant social media platforms (Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Willingness to commit to at least 6 months living in Cartago, Costa Rica
- Thrives in both local and virtual office environments
- Organized, flexible, patient and self motivated
- Passion for good design, advertising, and art
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with E-Commerce platforms
- Experience living abroad
- Formal leadership experience or training
- Project management experience
- Specialized experience in any of the following categories: higher education, event planning, marketing, social media, communications
- An interest in pursuing a career in international development, non-profit management, education, event planning, and related fields
- Impeccable visual design aesthetic with an eye for color, composition, and typography
The Design Associate will live in the CCS Home-Base for the 6-month contract, which is a comfortable and safe communal living space in a great neighborhood in Cartago, Costa Rica.
Lodging, meals, comprehensive travel medical insurance, airport transfers, and the ability to join certain aspects of the program like Cultural and Learning activities and language lessons/.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: DESIGN ASSOCIATE - LAST NAME. In your cover letter, please include why you would like to apply for this position. Final offers for the position will be extended on a rolling basis.