CCS INTERNATIONAL INTERN
Location: Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Peru (Please indicate your preference)
Duration: 6 months
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your resume and a 1-2 minute video cover letter to email@example.com
Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Cross-Cultural Solutions seeks a high-energy, enthusiastic, team-oriented Program Specialist.
CCS International Intern
For 22 years CCS has impacted many communities in over 9 countries around the world. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge of how a volunteer powered organization works; from recruitment, marketing and back-end systems to the development work on the ground addressing social issues. You will have the opportunity to live abroad in Latin America where you will spend 2 days per week volunteering on a project with our community partner organizations and 3 days per week in the hot seat - recruiting volunteers through phone, chat, text, and email.
You Are Responsible For
- Recruitment of volunteers through phone, email, and chat
- Collecting photos from the field to be used on Social Media & marketing projects
- Updating business social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Bi-monthly blog posts
- Collecting and telling stories from the community through video interview and blogs
- Assisting in-country staff with Squad groups, and other custom groups as needed
- Volunteering alongside a community partner to create meaningful change
- Focusing on advancing CCS goals of improving Health or Girls' & Women's Empowerment or supporting Child Development in your CCS community.
- Completing weekly challenges
Requirements for Crushing It
- Enthusiasm for different cultures and impactful service
- Experience talking with people of all ages. (waiting tables, teaching, stand-up comedy, etc.)
- Ninja fast typing skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- You are self-motivated. You’ll be surrounded by distractions but the work must get done!
- Must provide your own computer and headset - we’ll set up the rest!
- Previous experience volunteering on a CCS program
- Photography skills
- Intermediate Spanish
- Storytelling experience
- You spend your free time at home volunteering.
Benefits & Logistics
- Opportunity to live abroad and learn from and work alongside development experts!
- Up close and personal view of a 22 year old international NGO from all aspects of operation
- Housing at the CCS Home-Base among fellow volunteers and experience all aspects of our volunteer program experience
- Delicious home cooked meals 3 times per day at the CCS Home-Base
- Performance related bonuses
- Optional paid weekend shifts
- Awarded stipend for weekend excursions
- Local SIM card
- Travel Medical & Evacuation Insurance
- Opportunities to participate in CCS Cultural & Learning Activities on Field Days